Rally's social enterprise accelerator's mission is to help entrepreneurs transform their ideas and existing work into sustainable ventures that create positive social change. A few times a year, we invite promising early-stage social ventures and entrepreneurs to join our four-month social enterprise-focused accelerator as Rally Fellows. During the program, Fellows receive mentorship, 1-on-1 coaching, and access to critical networks and community that's designed to help them develop and/or validate a business and social model, improve traction, and prepare for fundraising or revenue generating activities.
- A 16-week immersive mentorship-based experience conducted virtually and on the campus of Rollins College
- Access to Rollins College, nationally recognized for its focus on social entrepreneurship, faculty and students
- A world-class network and team of mentors who are serial commercial and social entrepreneurs
- Access to legal, accounting and marketing service professionals
- Weekly peer gathers, expert panels and one-on-one mentoring sessions
- An opportunity to pitch to the Entrepreneurs in Action Social Enterprise Venture Fund or the Central Florida Foundation Social Enterprise Endowment Fund
Rally Right For You?
- Do you need to develop or improve your business model?
- Do you want your venture to have a measurable social impact and need help with developing a strategy to get you there?
- Do you need help with identifying early adopters, gathering feedback and gauging interest in your product or service?
- Are you planning to raise a seed round, apply for grant funding, or apply to a growth stage accelerator program, such as Echoing Green, Camelback, or Ycombinator?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Rally is the right program for you!
Our goal is to ensure that every Fellow is able to turn their vision into a sustainable venture. As a result, preprogram onboarding is an essential part of the Rally. Onboarding activities start three weeks prior to the program start date. These activities include Fellows completing a Social Lean Business Model Canvas and a Theory of Change Matrix and introducing them to their mentors. Onboarding activities are mandatory and will be conducted virtually.
- Week 1: Rally 1 (Winter Park, Florida)
- Week 2 - 8: Weekly Fellow Meetups And Check-Ins (Virtual and Winter Park, Florida)
- Week 9: Rally 2 (Orlando, Florida)
- Week 10 - 12: Weekly Fellow Meetups And Check-Ins (Virtual or Winter Park, Florida)
- Week 13 - 14: Weekly Check-Ins (Virtual and Winter Park, Florida)
- Week 15: Stakeholder Review (Virtual)
- Week 16: Rally 3 (Orlando, Florida)
Winter 2020 Application Timeline
The Rally application process consists of 2 rounds. The first round requires applicants to submit short answers to questions about their business and social model. Following this round, all candidates will be notified via email of their application status. Applicants that are moved to round 2, will be invited to interview with the Rally team. During this interview, candidates will be given an opportunity to present their ventures and answer questions from the Rally team that dive deeper into organizational details (such as social mission, team, product/service, and market fit). After this round, successful candidates will be extended a Fellowship invitation into the next Rally Cohort.
Our application timeline is subject to change therefore, please review our up-to-date application timeline below. Additionally, we will always announce date and other need-to-know information changes via emails to candidates.
- Round 1 - Applications open October 11, 2019 to November 25, 2019
- Round 2 - Interviews will be announced Late November 2019
- Fellowship Invitation - Fellowship invite will go out to successful candidates by Mid December 2019.
- Pre Cohort Start Date - Mid Dec 2019
- Cohort Start - January 20, 2020
- Cohort End - April 27, 2020
Question: Does Rally provide a stipend?
Answer: We provide out-of-state Fellows with a $1500 travel stipend. The stipend is broken up into three payments that are issued at the conclusion of each rally.
Question: What is a rally?
During the program, Fellows will rally in Orlando Florida. Rallys are a mandatory part of the program and are designed as a time for you to participate in in-depth group and one-on-one discussions with other fellows, staff, and mentors. Additionally, on average, Rallys are 2 days long.
Rally 1: Program Kickoff - Winter Park, Florida
Day 1: New Cohort Welcome Event
Day 2:Working Session - During this season, Fellows with present their Social Lean Canvas Model and Social Outcome Matrix to the group. Following this activity, Fellows will receive 1-on-1 coaching and initial priorities and validation experiments will be established for each venture.
Rally 2: Mid Program Update - Orlando Florida
Day 1: Social Lean Canvas Retool - An in-depth review of each ventures existing Social Lean Canvas models and validation experiment results. Models and results will be presented, reviewed, discussed, and improved in group sessions.
Day 2: Social Outcome Workshops - Ventures will be guided through activities that will help them to determine desired social outcomes and develop a strategy to achieve and measure.
Day 3 - Facilitator Mid Program Review: Rally staff and Fellows will meet 1-on-1 to discuss and assess the fellows current progress and needs, review and modify business and social models, and set new directions and priorities.
Rally 3: Program Finally - Orlando Florida
Day 1: Presentation Review Session: Rally staff and Fellows will meet to present, discuss, and modify venture presentations.
Day 2: Rally Public Presentation: Fellows will present their ventures to Rally stakeholders, impact investors and granters, corporate, municipal, and nonprofit partners, and the community at large.